Tuesday, August 2, 2016

PAD Part 36

I helped run a training for these lovely folks at the Rural Training Center near my town about internet safety

The road home from my temporary office at Public Works

Watching some guys from OGCIO install a satellite dish on the microwave tower to create a better internet link to the hospital in Lolowai

Sending my friend Tony off to Malekula, you can see the plane landing in the distance, and the airport on the right

I guess even my store bought eggs are farm fresh!

Bianca and Lily enjoying s'mores (thanks mom for sending the fixin's!)

My new kitten marshmallow, my brother Nelson gave her to me because "I don't have any friends". Thanks? I think?

Watching soccer at the Independence celebration; the celebration goes on for a full week. Lots of fun!

Petanque tournament

Drinking kava while watching some kastom dancing going on in front of the stage

Every night there was live music, dancing, and flashing lights

Hanging out and watching another soccer game

Last day; presenting awards to the teams that won the various tournaments

These are weird fish/salamander looking things that hang out on rocks. Maybe I'll put a video up at some point, because they move very weirdly

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome for the s'mores. Glad you have a friend, especially one with rat-chasing potential. Why is Tony going off-island?

    ReplyDelete