Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Good Meeting

Recently, I've been feeling a little lost in my job here. More and more I find myself getting frustratred handling the same issues every day, and the lack of direction is getting harder to be okay with.
What better solution to this problem than a new project!
Months ago, I was approached about helping create a tourism website for PENAMA. I agreed to help, but the project didn't really go anywhere. The content wasn't available, the pictures weren't great, and the motivation didn't seem to be there with my counterparts, so I let the idea go as a "that would've been cool had it happened" kind of thing.
Yesterday, however, I sat down with the Provincial Tourism Officer, the Provincial Planner, and Hollingsworth, a community member who's is interested in tourism. We had a great, 2 hour long meeting, where we talked about expectations, hopes, and realistic approaches to how we can go about working on this project.
We should be meeting again next week, with the next step (hopefully) being a trip around the three islands of PENAMA to the main tourist attractions/bungalows to take photos and gather pertinent information for the site.
After what felt like a couple of months of treading water and not really going anywhere, it's nice to have a new project to sink my teeth into! Here's hoping it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment