Monday, April 11, 2016

PAD Part 28

Who wants to play some soccer? All the rain we've been getting has been awesome, but it's also caused the grass on the soccer field to grow like nobody's business.

Buying my family's tickets! Can't wait to see them soon and show them what Vanuatu's all about.

Here's to you, Margie

Laundry day! Since it's been raining so much recently, these clothes are a pretty constant fixture...turns out when it rains all day every day, it takes a long for clothes to air dry

Chickens and a cat!

Sunset from my parents' balcony (looking west, so not exactly a good sunset venue, but you can see a little pink in the sky!)

The nakamal at my office collapsed over the weekend

Curtains blowing in the super gusty wind from Cyclone Zena. You can also see the little droplets of water that kept getting into my house. This is pre-shuttering up and heading to my parents' to ride out the storm.

The next day. To the right is where my parents' kitchen used to be

The new kitchen! It went up quite quickly, and is now better than ever before!

I still can't get over chickens sleeping in trees...

The nakamal across the street from my house; most nights you can find me here, drinking kava and chatting with friends

The rain tank outside my house, AKA where I get all of my drinking water

My mom's flowers that survived the cyclone quite well!

No comments:

Post a Comment