Tuesday, August 18, 2015

PAD Part 11

Look at that puskat sleeping so happily on the roof


My tattoo, now that it's finally finished healing.

This is the way you put up a satellite in Vanuatu: lay a board over the edge of a balcony, have two boys sit on the other edge. Then stand on the board, and have someone straddle the balcony with one foot on a ladder that's precariously perched on one side hand you the dish to put up.

I love this fruit! It's similar to grapefruit, but way less bitter. It's flesh is yellow, and I got these three giant ones for 60VT (about 60 cents)

The flags of PENAMA Province and Vanuatu flying outside my work

Week 3 typing class: I'm up to 18 students over a few different classes now!

An important policeman died this day, so the flag was at half mast. They had a small ceremony at the Police Station, and John Jack (pictured here) spoke a few words.

Going to the market with my mom (she's on the left of the picture in the red jacket)

Making coconut jam at Alison's! Delicious.

Napping with a good book and a couple of kittens is just about the best kind of afternoon activity

The boys at my house killed this flying fox's (a kind of bat) mom, so they're taking care of it until it's big enough to eat. Yes, they do eat bat here. It's quite gamey.

2 comments: