Monday, May 4, 2015

Saratamata (Photo a Day Project Part 1)

I've now been at site for almost two weeks, and things are going well. I've got an awesome house, a great host family, and the job...well, I'm still figuring that one out. I show up at work every day, but am still not quite sure what my role will be over my time here.
I'm hoping to take a picture every day while I'm here, and I figure that posting these photos to my blog will help to keep my honest in keeping up with my project. I started taking the pictures the day I got to Ambae as an official volunteer, mostly because I didn't think of it until a couple of days after swearing in...
Anyways, here's the first in a series of what will be many photos of my life on Ambae:
A Twin Otter plane. It seats roughly 20 people, and is mostly what we take to get to Ambae


My hammock/balcony/front of my room

Trip to Lolowai with Thomas

The soccer field by my house

We took an adventure up to Kathleen and Avery's sites to deliver their stuff that got left behind in Vila

My office!

A giant moth-like thing that was in my room for about 2 days

An attempt at a picture of the night sky

Playing cards with my host family

Waiting for the ferry to drop off the rest of our stuff

These lizards are everywhere. EVERYWHERE

Making tea over an open fire

Here's to the next two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment