Monday, October 24, 2016

PAD Part 42

Small pig chillin' in his cage!

Enjoying some watermelon with the ladies of my office

World Food Day at the markethouse

Celebrating Frank's 70th!
*Photo courtesy of Thomas

If you look carefully, you can see that I'm pointing at Ambrym! We normally can't see it from North Ambae, so it was cool to see a new island when we headed South to see Frank
*Photo courtesy of Thomas

Walking about 4 hours in the sun after forgetting sunscreen left me with a bit of a sunburn...

My bumbu (grandma) doing laundry

On the road again...

Teaching Thomas how to solve a Rubix Cube

Pauline and her son

The pig skull Timmy brought for the 100th day of a bongi (kustom funeral)

100th day of the bongi; the deceased's brothers dressed up in kustom garb to give out mats for the last day of the bongi. The mats are given to say thank you to people who helped out during the 100 days of the bongi; people who brought food, ground kava, made fires...

I was chillin in my room when these boys came to find me to ask if they could watch a movie, so we did!

1 comment: