Monday, May 23, 2016

PAD Part 31

Back to Vila for some trainings, some kava, some sunsets, and waiting for my family!


Nambawan Cafe, one of my favorite hang out lunch spots, with the lovely Bree and her chunky carrot smoothie

A double banana??? What will they come up with next!

Working hard to set up computers for the SMART Sistas Camp

I finally got the chance to head back and see my first host family on Lelepa. It was really nice to actually be able to talk with them this time around! Turns out when you just arrive and don't speak the language, communication is hard...but after living here for more than a year, it's much easier!

Vila by night

SMART Sistas*: Day 1
Playing some icebreakers (human knot here) to loosen up the girls a little bit
(Photo courtesy of Laura Loveland)

SMART Sistas*: Day 2
Visiting ICT days at the new Convention Center
(Photo courtesy of Laura Loveland)

SMART Sistas*: Day 3
I think this was a session on game design...
(Photo courtesy of Laura Loveland)

SMART Sistas: Day 4
Learning some html and CSS
(Photo courtesy of Laura Loveland)

SMART Sistas: Day 5
Last day! So proud of these girls
(Photo courtesy of Laura Loveland)

I had a lovely day thrift shopping with my brother and cousin, meeting some more extended family and spending time with them, but of course I forgot my camera...so here's a picture of the room I shared with Laura at Pacific Paradise Motel!

They're here!

*I know there's not a lot of explanation about what SMART Sistas is, but I'm working on a longer blog post about the camp. I plan to post it next Monday, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, especially the last one. Wish I were there. Andy

    ReplyDelete