Tuesday, March 29, 2016

PAD Part 27

Left, the round building, is a nakamal. Right, the yellow building kind of in the background is my house. My friend Kwani often sells kava in this nakamal, and I often drink here. This also means that I'm friends with many of the people that drink here. Since you can see into my kitchen while drinking here, even if I don't feel particularly inclined to drink one night, my friends will often sing out to me to come, or just to say good night.


Miley's birthday party! She's the one in the red dress.

Island pizza! Thomas recently got back from Vila and brought cheese, a rare treat!

Waiting at the airport for a plane that never ended up coming

Some mornings, when I head to work at 7:30, I get to this mango tree and look to see that the office is still closed. If it's raining, more often than not it is. This day, I decided to wait out the squall under the umbrella of the tree, and just enjoyed the sound of rain.

Sunset coloring the sky over my parents house

Braving the hiking (and stream crossings) in North Ambae

Kelly braided our hair. Aren't we an attractive bunch?

The butcher, Richard, hard at work!

Thomas and Bianca. She kept rubbing her hands on her bread to get them oily and rubbing them on Thomas. Thus the face.

The runoff from our rain tank

Movie night with the boss!

So turns out when your sick and stuck in the house, the pictures that come out are not super exciting... The pillow in the green and orange pillowcase (made by Kathleen's mom (the pillowcase, not the pillow)) is from America! After a long time sleeping with a not-super-squishy foam pillow, having an American-style pillow with feathers in it is awesome! Thanks Alison!

I feel particularly grateful to have indoor plumbing when I'm sick. I'll let you imagine why.

Wait, no. That'd be worse. Diarrhea. It was diarrhea. Flushing toilets are the bomb!

The lovely plethora of drugs given to us by the medical office! Well, not plethora, but all the staples. You know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment