Monday, October 26, 2015

PAD Part 16

Sunset over Wellington, as seen from Mount Victoria

Keenan and I decided to go to a museum, where we were delighted to find this lego city! We of course happily spent almost 2 hours here adding our own creations.

The outskirts of the Wellington Botanical Gardens

A real live giant squid! Everyone told me I had to go to Te Papa Museum in Wellington, so I dutifully spent about 5 hours there. It was awesome! Definitely did not disappoint.

Taking the ferry to the South Island

Wine tour!

Headed down to Christchurch; this was on our lunch stop at Kaioko

I've gotten used to the driving on the wrong side of the road, but I keep trying to get into the wrong seat in the car...

What???

This is Nala. She is quite cute. And was curious about my chocolate mousse. I made dinner for Phil and Esther to say thanks for letting me stay with them.

Some old battlements from WWII. The one with a cover on the very right had a baby bunny living in it!

Quite an impressive mural, but the American in me couldn't pass up what looks to be a picture of a small child giving the sky the finger...

Tramping (what kiwis call backpacking): day 1, ~13 miles

Tramping: day 2, ~12 miles

Tramping: day 3, ~5 miles. Turns out NZ is a pretty place. Who knew?

War wounds from tramping

I've had a great vacation so far in NZ: met a lot of great people, saw some old friends, and ate a lot of good food, but I'm excited to head back to Vanuatu on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment