Wednesday, June 24, 2015

PAD Part 5

I've spent the last two weeks in Vila, and while that means better internet, it also means I have less reason to spend time on it. Between trainings, hanging out with people, and getting scuba certified, I've been spending most of my time unplugged.
Here are my daily photos for the last few weeks!
The bank in Saratamata


Dinner!

Some local kakai (food) I bought at the market

The full moon, as seen through the trees by my balcony

Walking to Thomas' site in the morning for breakfast

My little brother Nelson cutting wood. He got so into it! He was chopping wood for probably about an hour. He only stopped when our parents made him.

Bianca playing with one of the puppies that hangs out with Thomas all the time

My office building

The house my host parents are building

My kitchen

Walking down the runway, heading back to Vila

Pineapple! It's a little sas (expensive) since Pam, but oh so worth it

First day of our dive course (photo courtesy of Caroline Smith)

Kava with the current Prime Minister of Vanuatu (photo courtesy of Jonathan Hackett)

Walking to the office in the morning, with a beautiful rainbow (this picture doesn't do it justice) on the horizon

Kava in Vila with the boys

Sunset over the new convention structure that is still under construction

Counterpart training day 1 in Vila

Rice...Bubbles?

After finishing our third dive, with our two great instructors, Madi and Alex

Pictures to come: meeting the director of Peace Corps, and the last couple of days in Vila.

I head back to Ambae tomorrow morning, and while Vila has been fun, am excited to get back to site and get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment