Monday, February 1, 2016

PAD Part 23

Look at Marge. She's very pregnant. Soon to be some little Marge puppies!

A lot of the candidates for the election drove around in trucks playing music and doing speeches

Kahtleen got ringworm and asked me to take a picture of her ringworm to send to our medical office, and I may have forgotten to take a different picture this day...

Headed to Maewo! Taken just before landing in Kerepei.

Big wota! I was the only one that jumped, but it was awesome.

Maewo has so much water, they just leave the taps running all the time. Ridiculous!

Kathleen, myself, and my aunt, who we stayed with for a night

One of the Aaron's host brothers in Ngota

Our last morning in Ngota, and these folks showed up to say goodbye! It was a lovely part of the trip.

On the way to the moon cave, near Nasawa, Maewo

A beautiful waterfall near Baitora. We walked up a creek to get here, and back to Baitora through irrigation canals for the water taro gardens.

The view of Ambae from Maewo on the morning we headed back

One of my main Peace Corps goals: accomplished.

I've been working on a program to help the new Ambae PCVs learn Leonda, the local Ambae langauge. I may or may not have spent all of Sunday working on it. Literally all day.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are doing some real programming using java... swing app eh? Pascal coding convention format. Hmm. What are you building?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah. Yep! I'm making a program to help the newbies learn local language, if they're interested. It's got translation, a dictionary, flash cards, and example sentences.

      Delete