Monday, November 9, 2015

PAD Part 17

Back in Vanuatu! Vacation is fun, but it's good to be home.

I was lucky enough that my trip back put me in Vila in time for Fes Napuan, a big music festival. I spent a lovely couple of nights here listening to music, hanging out with PCVs and my Vila family, drinking kava, and eating great food.

Russel and I went to see the movie Tanna at the new movie theater. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!

On my way back to Ambae, this is the domestic airport terminal in Port Vila.

Not a lot of rain while I was gone...

I spent a while watching this lizard watch this fly. Oh the things we do for fun sometimes...

Coconuts!

This is a microwave tower. It's how internet gets to my island.

A couple of the techs from OGCIO stopped by to train me, Heguy (the Assistant Planner) and Barry (the Media Officer) in the use of some Sat phones and a BGAN system in case of another natural disaster like Cyclone Pam.

John Jack, my boss at OGCIO gave a presentation to the Provincial Council about the importance of IT in the province.

Kathleen hard at work making a test for her students.

Happy Birthday Thomas!

 My lovely office

2 comments: