Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Going back?

After a week full of more emotions than I thought possible, we found out this morning that the plan is to send us back to Vanuatu. This is a tentative plan, and as site evaluations continue it is still possible that they decide not to send us back, but this is by far the most promising news we've heard yet.
I'm really excited to head back to Vanuatu and continue my service with Peace Corps, but it's also a possibility I face with a lot of trepidation. I don't yet know if I'll be going back to my site on Ambae, or what my job will look like when I head back. It's hard to know without being on the ground how I and the rest of the volunteers will react to the new reality of life in Vanuatu. That being said, they won't send us back if a certain standard cannot be met.
Suffice it to say, I can't wait to go back and get my hands dirty, but I'm also trying to be aware of the potentiality for how different it could be.
I'll keep you updated as we know more! We should be here in Sydney for about another week, when the trainees and I will fly back to Vanuautu and head to Luganville, to finish our training and swear in, assuming all goes as planned. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment