Tuesday, June 21, 2016

PAD Part 33

Headed back home after seeing my parents off to Vila

Spearfishing with the boys

Gotta flas up the truck! (flas meaning fancy in Bislama)

I made pizza with my family, most of whom had never tasted it before. I swear they like it more than Bianca's face shows!

My lovely abode

They're doing repairs on our office right now, and this is what I came back to after a week out. Well...time to find a new office for a while, I guess!

Teaching the boys how to play Yahtzee

Sometimes, the light hits the coconut trees just right, and you have to take a picture

Kava squats! We'll miss you, Kathleen. Good luck on Ambrym!

Gotta stock up on fruit before heading back to Vila! Yes, the backpack is totally full.

Helping to reconstruct the engine on a truck

We went North to get coconut husks, which my dad uses to make the fire for his oven (top left) to make his bread. The shells are at least a foot deep here. Let's just say it was interesting ride back in the back of the truck with all these coconut shells taking up all the space!

At lunch, Sera, the accountant called out to me and invited me to go to a fundraising in North Ambae. "We'll only stay about an hour!" she said. 5 hours later, there we still were (thus the late blog post!). Ah, island time, how I love you so.

1 comment: